You are probably pretty happy with your current marketing strategy, and so is your customer. But you can’t rest on your laurels; you have to keep pushing. How can you get that extra boost in sales? One strategy is simply to show your customers what they would get and then let them sample it. The other is to give your product away for free, which can be very powerful to customers who are happy with your product, even if they could get a similar one for a lower price.
According to a survey of over 1000 people conducted by Responsive Digital, 93% of consumers say they are most likely to buy a product or service because of a free sample. And though a small percentage of respondents said that they wouldn’t buy anything from a company without a free sample, a much larger number of respondents said that they would be more likely to buy a product or service if they had a chance to try it first.
When was the last time you took a free sample of a product to see if you wanted to buy it? I’m guessing most people would say never, and that’s because most people don’t believe that getting something for nothing is a good thing. They think that if you buy something, you will pay for it. But the reality is that you can get many people to try your product before they buy it if you give them a free sample.
Here’s how giving free samples of your product becomes a way to increase sales:
- While the value of giving a free sample of your product to a customer may not be immediately obvious, it can be a very effective way to increase sales. Giving away a free product to a potential customer is a great way to establish a relationship, which is critical in building sales. You can use this tactic in many ways, from giving samples to customers at trade shows to handing out business cards with a free sample of your product on them.
- When someone visits your website, they expect a certain level of professionalism. They expect the information to be accurate, the images to be high quality, and the product to be the best it can be. But, one thing can set your website’s professionalism apart from others: free samples.
- By definition, most businesses go through the trouble of acquiring a customer’s attention and interest in their product or service.
- However, the greatest way to get a customer’s attention and get your product noticed by the right person is to give away something for free. Free samples are just one of the many ways to increase your sales.
- Giving free samples of your product as a way to increase sales is becoming quite a common practice. Some people don’t want to pay for something just because it’s free, others want to test it out, yet others want to give the product away to a select group of people, thereby increasing their exposure, and so on.
Sampling is a way to get consumers to buy more. It may seem rude, but it’s an effective way to get people to try something new since people aren’t buying something with no trial. For these reasons, businesses give away samples of their products to see if you like them and see if they’ll work for your needs.
A classic sales technique is to give away a small amount of your product for free so that you can test the market. The goal is to see if people like your product enough to try it and buy it. This is especially true with new products, so free samples are a great way to ensure they’re getting the attention they need. They are not always the answer to increasing sales, though. You have nothing to lose if you give away your product for free. You can’t charge extra for the samples, and if you do, you’re giving away a product that’s not selling. If people don’t like your product, you’ve lost nothing (unless, of course, you’ve made it so that you can sell the sample separately).